Broadband ISPs in Amritsar

Discussion in 'Wired and Fixed wireless Broadband' started by Advitiay Anand, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Advitiay Anand

Advitiay Anand New Member

Hi guys,
    My name's Advitiay and I reside in Amritsar. I'm looking for a good unlimited broadband connection which has a good latency and allows atleast upto 512 KB/s as I'm into online gaming. Options here are very limited i.e. Connect, DreamTel and BSNL (My current ISP I'm fed up of). I have heard of Reliance and Airtel but am not really sure if they provide service in Amritsar. Also, if WiMax isn't a issue (in terms of ping and stability) I might go for DreamTel.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Latency will be on the higher side on wimax as compared to adsl from BSNL or other companies. For gaming I would suggest stick with wires as wireless would mean higher latency. Try connect if BSNL isint working out for you. If Reliance or Airtel cable broadband is available then that would be even better.

3. AmarHirani

AmarHirani New Member

Airtel broadband is not available in Amritsar and yet it is the best service provider to go for. I would recommend BSNL EVDO or Connect broadband who have some unlimited plans and are supposed to be good.